5.15.2012

A Tribute to Mi Madre

My mom is pretty much the best mom there is. The older I get, the more I realize this. When I was younger I don't think I fully grasped the scope of her awesomeness. For example, even though we lived what felt like a thousand miles away from town, she wanted all of her kids to have the same opportunities as kids in town did. Therefore, Wednesday was our do-it-all-in-town day. Piano lessons, violin lessons, sports practices, games, take-out food, etc. Sometimes Wednesdays felt like the longest days of my life, but looking back  now, I realize the mom was super-woman. Somehow she managed to get all of her kids to where they needed to be--dropped off some and picked some back up with just minimal wait times. The skills and memories I have now from those long Wednesdays spent in town are some of my greatest blessings.
Do you ever have those scary moments when you realize what you're doing is exactly what your parents do? (There's this stance I do--one hand on my hip and knees locked--that exactly resembles the way my dad stands, I call it my dad-stance.) There's many times when I react to situations or do things exactly the way my mom does. Scary... but good. Good, because I know that if have even a little bit of my mom in me then that increases my chances of being an excellent mom like her someday. And really, that's all I want.

1 comment: