7.19.2011

BLOGWORTHY

So, I finally have something to blog about! Late June and most of July is a busy busy time on the farm. Amidst the hay and wheat harvest there was also tons of corn acreage to be dammerdiked. And guess who got spend 12-14 hours a day doing it? ME.


Here is the front view that I stared at all day...






.... and the back view....



...and the side view....



... and the down view. That's Shep. He's normally a good tractor dog except for the time he threw up on my flip flop. It was probably my own fault because I fed him my pepperoni pizza. You should know that 5-Buck Pizza really tastes like 5 bucks. (Ignore the thunder thigh in the bottom right corner.)



These views were my life, and I didn't consider my time in the dammerdiker as blogworthy news (and yet here I am blogging about it... that's odd.) But a plethora of news/activities have occurred that are most definItely BLOGWORTHY. Take a look:

1. I found out on June 30th that I got accepted into the College of Nursing at BYU. Yay me! This was very, very happy news to me. In fact, throughout the whole day I couldn't stop smiling and I had urges to jump up and down, but I was in the tractor and I couldn't jump up and down so I just smiled instead and was really glad no one was around to see me smiling for no apparent reason.
However, the one downside to the Nursing program is the guy-to-girl ratio. Out of 64 students in my group, 3 are boys. Those aren't good odds. But, in my assigned "envelope" of 8 students, 2 of those 3 boys are in my envelope. Those are better odds, but still not great... I'll just hold out for a doctor instead.
It's going to be a challenging and emotional 6 semesters, but it will be worth it. Every job out there helps people in some way, but in my humble and somewhat biased opinion, nursing is one of those jobs that helps out the most. It's been said that if you have your health, you have everything. People in hospitals don't have their health, and on top of that they are in a strange environment facing a lot of decisions and a lot of worries. Nurses are there not to just heal, but to offer hope.

2. Mom's surprise birthday party. Everything about this night was fun. The decorations, the sunflower cake, the fireworks. It was a memorable night..

3. The night after that also happened to be very memorable as the parents, Collin, and I went to the Stadium of Fire!


The show featured a very a sweaty David Archuletta. (I can't blame the kid, it was super hot and he was running all over the stage.) He really does have an amazing voice. But I only took one picture because I was so distracted by the forty-something Mormon moms with their David Archuletta t-shirts on going CRAZY.




But of course the main act was Mr. Brad Paisley himself. There's a reason this guy was voted Entertainer of the Year like a gazillion times. He knows how to put on a show. He switched guitars every song, had a huge jumbo screen, and at the end threw his guitar into this big thing of water and then jumped in himself. Collin told me it was fake, and just a trick they did with the huge screens on the stage, but nonetheless, it was cool.

"I think him a handsome face, you?" Five bucks if you can name that movie/book. Here's another hint... "It is a truth universally known, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in need of a wife".... or... "Oh father, I've been nonsensical!" I could go on all day--actually, I couldn't. Those are the the only three I know, but a very good movie/book.
So devilishly handsome. (Have I mentioned that before?) Forget the doctor, I'm holding out for Brad Paisley. Never mind that he's married.



And of course the fireworks! Always great at the S.O.F.

4. And finally, summer just wouldn't be summer without boating. It was a great day out on the lake full of:

Fun in the sun...

...a lot of surfing, and...


...???? Oh yeah, pulling Jeff through the water as he "body surfed." (or tried to at least.)
All in all, a very fun day!

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your posts, and by the way, I want to borrow Pride and Prejudice, as I have been wanting to watch it for some time now. When you come back you will have even more to blog about! Have fun in Chicago!

    ReplyDelete